Men's jewelry is often limited to a simple watch or wedding band. Meanwhile, wearing men's silver rings has little information. There are some traditional rules when it comes to wearing men's rings, but they are not mandatory rules to follow. Because wearing a ring wherever and whenever is a personal choice. Let us help you find the unique mens silver rings style that's right for you.
What is the Meaning of Each Finger for Wearing Rings?
There aren't any rules about where a man needs to wear a silver band in most cultures. However, the position of the ring can indicate marital status, sincerity and aspirations in life of the wearer. It is important to know the meaning of rings on each finger if you want to avoid confusion when you are wearing them on the wrong finger.
Find out what each finger means and the ring styles that work for them in this article: Before you buy a silver ring: What does the Ring on Each Finger Mean?
Can I Wear Multiple Rings?
A silver ring can accentuate your style and make a statement of its own. From chunky silver rings to dainty silver rings, from vintage silver rings to cool silver rings, there are great options to make your style flashy yet sophisticated.
Besides, wearing multiple rings is another fashion statement that you can try. The art of wearing multiple rings requires balance and space between the fingers. Follow the less is more rule, select up to two or three fingers for the stackable look.
How to Perfectly Match Silver Rings with Bracelets and Watches?
Another important point that cannot be overlooked is the harmonious arrangement of different jewelry components in an outfit. The rule is not to wear everything on the same hand. If you are wearing the watch on your left hand, then the rings are supposed to be on the right and vice versa. The second point is to avoid a clash of metals. If you are wearing a silver watch, you should wear a silver ring or a silver bracelet.
You can inspect the ring with a professional jeweler twice a year. If you want to take care of your rings at home, scrubbing with a soft-bristled toothbrush or a soft cloth with silver polish can also get the job done.
It is significantly easier for a jeweler to make a ring smaller than it is to make it larger. So if you are not sure about the ring size, please choose a ring that is relatively bigger
Interesting Facts about Rings
- The custom of giving and receiving rings dates back over 6000 years.
- The earliest rings were made of simple iron, but gemstone gold rings were in medieval fashion.
- Ancient Egyptians believed the vena amoris (vein of love) connected the ring finger to the heart.
- English monarchs traditionally wore a special coronation ring, signifying that they were spiritually wed to the country.
- The custom of men wearing wedding rings was not common until World War II when men fighting overseas wore rings as reminders of their wives and families at home.
- The most expensive ring in the world is ‘The Pink Star’ which boasts an impressive 59.60-carat pink diamond. It sold for $80.9 million in 2017.
- The world’s heaviest ring is the Najmat Taiba - weighing in at over 132 lbs, and adorned with 11 lbs of precious gems.
- It is possible to have your mortal remains treated and compressed into a diamond, then mounted on a ring. A poignant memento for your grieving loved ones.
Rings at 925SHINE are crafted from high quality sterling silver with a variety of designs, at reasonable prices